Dear Patient & Guardian:
By issuing this page , King Saud Medical City aims to familiarize patients and/or their guardians with their rights as well as their responsibilities to the city and its prevailing rules and regulations.KSMC staff work very hard to clarify to you the process of how to submit suggestions and/or complaints; which they follow-up and inform you of the result and/or decisions taken. Bearing in mind that this will not negatively affect the treatment or healthcare services provided to you by our staff.
A. Patient and/or his/her guardian has the right to:
1- To receive the necessary care according to his/her health condition depending on available KSMC facilities according to the approved procedures.
2- Be treated him/her in a respectable way, taking into consideration the patient's cultural and/or religious values and beliefs through the following:
a. Provision of a safe healthcare environment in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
b.Conducting medical examination in designated areas out of the view and hearing of others .
c. Transferring him/her to another room in case of harassment by other patients or visitors, in accordance with approved procedures subject to the availability of another room.
d. Isolating him/her from other patients for protection, personal safety and/or custody, whenever deemed necessary .
e. Provision of appropriate, compassionate and respectful peri-mortem and post-mortem care when dying and/or deceased.
3. Not to be physically exposed when not necessary for treatment .
4. Ensure the confidentiality of patient’s information, and not to disclose any information unless by his/her consent except judiciary cases, through the following:
a. Refusing to meet any person who is not part of the including visitors.
b. Allowing only direct health care providers to access his/her medical record and any details of his/her health condition.
5. Knowing the name of the treating physician, his/her specialization and ways of contact through the appropriate display of ID badges.
6. Obtaining sufficient information from the treating physician about diagnosis and treatment in simple and understandable language.
7. To discuss treatment plan, and knowing the alternatives, complications and risks with treating physician.
8. Be asked for a written consent before carrying out any surgery, interference or anesthesia except in emergency cases or accidents
that require immediate action from the physician according to the applicable regulations.
9.To refuse or discontinue treatment after being given a thorough explanation by his/her physician about the consequences and/or outcomes of his/her decision, however the hospital & the medical staff will not be responsible for the result of this rejection.
10. To refuse participating in any Medical Research. His/her refusal will not negatively affect the Medical Services provided to him/her.
11. To be provided with interpreters to communicate with his/her healthcare staff if available .
12. To be provided with proper means to contact his/her family.
13. Obtain a continuous, organized care and referral to different treatment levels if his/her condition requires it, and to be informed about the necessary directives and procedures in case he/she needs to be transferred to an external facility for treatment in accordance with the institution's policies and procedures on eligibility.
14. To receive instructions, education and guidance specific for the prescribed medications and diets, in accordance with healthcare education,
promotion and prevention principles.
15. To have his/her valuables collected and secured according to hospital procedures, when being admitted ; if he/she is confused, in coma or has impaired consciousness level.
16. Submitting an oral or written complaint or giving suggestions to KSMC administration or the ministry of health without effecting on the quality of service provided to him/her.
17. To obtain a discharge summery about his/her health condition at the time of discharge from hospital.
B.Patient or guadian Responsibilities:
The patient or his/her guardian is responsible for :
1- Providing all available information relevant to his/her condition and medical history, including any previous hospitalization or medications used.
2- Informing the physician about any unexpected changes in his/her condition during treatment.
3- Complying with the agreed upon treatment plan outlined by the healthcare team.
4- Complying with the instructions for the use of prescribed medications and dietary regimens if applicable.
5- Assuming full responsibility when he/she decides to refuse, discontinue medications or treatment.
6- Complying strictly with the Outpatient, In-patient, and Day Care regulations, by attending the scheduled appointment given. In case he/she is not able to attend, they should call the appointment section or the Information Desk in the patient Services Department not less than 24 hours in advance.
7 - Requesting their visitors to fully comply with the instructions and regulations of the medical facility to maintain hospital property at all times for the benefit of all.
8- Behaving appropriately and respectfully with the health care staff and respecting the feelings of other patients.
9- Leaving the medical facility without delay upon completion of treatment once he/she is discharged,in order to make the bed available for other patient. In case of delay/refusal to evacuate the bed, the hospital may take any necessary action it deems necessary to vacate the bed.
10-Complying strictly with the policies on patient personal valuables, by not bringing any valuables when coming for elective admission, and in case he/she brings any valuables, he/she should immediately hand them to the responsible authorities for safekeeping; as the hospital will otherwise not be held responsible for their loss.
11- Ensuring that their authorized attendant is responsible for strictly complying with the instructions/regulations, in case of obtaining an Authorized Sitter form.
Dear Patient & Guardian:
In case of inquiry or need for help, please contact the following numbers:
General Hospital: 01- 435 5555
Emergency: 1555 - 1264
Pediatric Hospital: 01- 435 6666
Emergency: 195 – 186
Out-Patient: 324 – 311
Maternity Hospital: 01- 435 6666
Emergency: 239 – 460
Out-Patient: 371 - 375
Patient Relations: 01 - 4355555
1157 - 2018
Social Work : 01- 4355555
3027 – 3024
Your cooperation is appreciated,
Wishing you getting a fast recovery